How Do You Find a Dentist in the Area? (For Safe Dental Care During COVID)
As COVID-19 cases continue to rise across the nation, many Americans have concerns regarding the spread of the virus and safety. Many people who may have delayed routine dental care during the initial wave of coronavirus may be wondering once again if certain dental procedures should be delayed. As it turns out, both a recent study and a statement from the American Dental Association (ADA), have helped clarify that it’s not only okay to continue routine dental care during COVID-19, it’s actually advisable.
Find out more about why Chester County Family Dentistry is the trusted dentist in the area for safe and comprehensive dental services.
Is it Safe to Go to the Dentist Now?
As we briefly mentioned earlier, recent information has demonstrated how successful dentists have been in minimizing the risk of spreading coronavirus by maintaining high standards of infection control and personal protection equipment (PPE). In fact, responses from a survey sent to 2,000 dentists across the country reported that “Just 0.9 percent [of dentists] had either confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19.”
Helping to bolster the positive results of the survey, is the ADA covid guidelines regarding dental care (released in the organization’s recent December 1st statement). While continuing to monitor the course of the pandemic and recognizing local and state health departments, by-and-large the ADA “firmly believes dental care can continue to be delivered safely.”
The statement went on to highlight the importance of dental care as part of “essential health care,” advised by both the ADA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
CCFD is Committed to Continued Patient Safety
As the chosen local dentist office for residents of Chester County (and beyond), CCFD remains steadfastly committed to providing quality dental care with the highest safety standards possible. To help keep our staff, dentists, and patients safe, we are continuing to follow the ADA, CDC, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 safety standards, which include:
- Pre-screening your current health prior to coming in for a dental visit
- Calling us when you arrive at our office, before entering our building
- Taking patient temperatures upon arrival for an appointment
- Installing air purification units to manage aerosol generation by cleaning the air
- Wearing face masks (patients will wear them before and after dental procedures) and our dentists and
- hygienists will be donned in PPE (including face shields, gloves, etc.)
- Sanitizing and cleaning all surfaces and making sanitizer available to patients
- Spacing appointments to minimize close contact with other patients and encourage social-distancing
- Asking any person—patient, staff, dentist—to remain home if they are feeling unwell
Another way that we help keep our patients safe is by ensuring that we provide them with the latest information on dental safety, infection control, and minimizing the spread of COVID-19. As we continue to navigate and track the course of this virus, we want you to know that we take pride in being the dentist in Philadelphia that several local communities turn to for high-quality, dependable dental care.
Book an appointment now. Or, call us today with any questions you may have.Book My Appointment